Please Note! Dear Customers, I am currently out of Haines on a teaching assignment in northwest Alaska. I will resume shipping when I return to Haines in late May. Sorry for this delay. Keep yourselves safe.
Following are a list of ingredients you will find in our products:Soap Ingredients
- Olive oil is a very good moisturizer because it attracts external moisture, holds the moisture close to the skin, and forms a breathable film to prevemt loss of internal moisture. Olive oil does not block the natural functions of the skin while performig its own.
- Coconut oil is obtaines from dried coconut meat from the coconut palm. Its saturated nature resists rancidity and makes a very hard bar of soap with a quick fluffy lather, even in cold sea water.
- Palm oil comes from the palm oil tree. It is made from the pulp of the fruit. It adds hardness to a bar of soap.
- Grapefruit seed extract, a by-product of the citrus industry, is an all-vegetable antioxidant that extends the life of a bar of soap by an additional six to twelve months. It contains vitamin C and glycerin and has proven to be antibacterial, antimicrobial, deodorizing, astringent, and antiseptic. I include this antioxidant in all of my soap.
Lip Balm Ingredients
- Sweet Almond Oil is an excellent moisture barrier. Pressed from the kernel of the almond this is a wonderful emollient for softening and conditioning the skin. Wonderfully soothing for dry skin, as well as relieving skin irritations and itching. Vitamin rich especially A, B1, B2, B6 and E, minerals and protein.
- Shea Butter is obtained from the seed of the Karite Tree in West Africa. Shea butter enables your skin to absorb moisture from the air and as a result it becomes softer and stays moisturized. It is good to use in sun products as it is known to have natural sunscreen properties and will help to protet the skin from the damaging effects of the sun.
- Bees wax is a substance secreted by the worker honey bees used for the construction of their honeycomb. Bees wax is an excellent hardening agent in lip balm.
- Cocoa butter is extracted from the seed of the Cacao tree. Cocoa butter is known to stay on the surface of the skin to help protect the skin and lock in moisture and to heal and moisturize skin that has been exposed to the harsh elements of wind, sun and cold.
- Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant that protects cosmetic products and oils from oxidation and rancidity.
Bug Blend Ingredients
- Jojoba (pronounced hoho ba) is not actually an oil but is a liquid wax. It has natural anti-oxidant properties and is know to help extend the shelf life of other oils since it resists rancidity.
- Citronella Essential Oil A lemon-scented plant from Asia, it has long been used as an insect repellent.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil The high citral content makes it an effective insect repellent.
- Rosemary Essential Oil It can be used as an insect repellent and may help with lice.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil This oil has a camphorous aroma known to kill airborne bacteria.
Essential oils are the pure, highly concentrated extracts of various herbs, plants and flowers. In effect, these volatile oils represent the "spirit" or "essence" of each plant they are derived from.